Europe in Perspective: International Co-operation in Cultural Learning
The training will be designed for teachers, artists and arts educators already actively involved in working in local partnership to deliver programmes in schools and wanting to embed diversity and interculturality within their practice. The experiential nature of the multinational training will ensure that participants will be able to extend their understanding of intercultural practice through direct involvement in activities and experiences and thus extend their understanding of the benefits of international exchange.
The professional training modules will be developed in consultation both with practitioners and those organisations providing training and professional development to the sector. The modules will be internationally planned and realised and thus capable of being relevant across Europe.
In addition, and so as to encourage a diverse, European and intercultural perspective within regional and national programmes promoting local co-operation between schools and cultural partners, regular strategic exchange and communication with institutions or authorities in charge of these programmes will take place.
As a result, Europe in Perspective will ensure:
- more European and intercultural learning experiences for teachers and their cultural partners by participating in multinational trainings;
- more knowledge for teachers and their cultural partners about intercultural learning possibilities and ways to explore diversity in local co-operation projects;
- more knowledge for teachers and their cultural partners about cross-border exchange possibilities in Europe;
- more intercultural learning for school children in local co-operation projects of schools and their cultural partners;
- more intercultural learning possibilities to foster the development of European awareness of school children through cross-border exchange programmes between schools in co-operation with cultural partners.
“Europe in Perspective: International Co-operation in Cultural Learning“ is a project of the German Federation for Arts Education and Cultural Learning (BKJ) and the international foundation Creativity, Culture and Education (CCE). It is a strategic partnership with KulturKontakt Austria (KKA), the National Centre of Expertise for Cultural Education and Amateur Arts (LKCA), T-TUDOK Centre for Knowledge Management and Educational Research and realised in consultation with further European partners. “Europe in Perspective” is funded by Stiftung Mercator and supported by the European Union within the scope of the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme.
Further information: https://europe-in-perspective.eu/
Or please contact:
BKJ – German Federation for Arts Education and Cultural Learning
Fon +49 (0) 21 91.79 43 87